To celebrate this glorious summer i've teamed up with my celeb pal Rebecca Seal from Channel 4's Sunday Brunch for a twist on the traditional cuppa. The PG tips Summer Cocktail
combines quintessentially English ingredients, resulting in a rich and refreshing PG tipple packed full of Britishness and served in dainty tea cups.
Simply follow the instructions below to enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 10-12 teacups or 6-8 longer drinks)
- 1 PG tips The Rich One teabag (Get The Rich One here )
- 6 British strawberries
- Rose petals
- 350ml soda water/sparkling wine
- 200-400ml gin
- Slices of cucumber skin
- 100 ml apple juice
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- Handful of fresh mint, ripped
- 100ml freshly boiled water
- 75g sugar
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
- Rind of ½ an unwaxed lemon, peeled and chopped
Fancy a non-alcoholic punch? Leave out the gin and sparkling wine and use 150ml apple juice and 550ml soda water instead.
1. Roughly crush the strawberries and mint leaves together in a pestle and mortar.
2. Mix the crushed mint and strawberries with the hot water, PG tips The Rich One teabag, sugar, lemon juice and rind then stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Leave to stand for 8-10 minutes, then strain, reserving the syrup.
3. In a large bowl or jug, mix the syrup with the elderflower cordial, apple juice and gin to taste. (The mix can be chilled for a few hours at this point until ready to serve.)
4. When ready to serve, add large blocks of ice, the soda water and sparkling wine. Stir gently to combine.
5. To serve, line teacups with a sliver of cucumber skin, shaved using a potato peeler, then fill the cup with fresh ice. Serve using a ladle.
6. Garnish with a red rose petal and a slice of strawberry in the shape of a heart.
Drink responsibly – visit www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.